- Toutes les collections (2,426), 2011 Reading List of Aspirations (108), Read in 2011 (36), Votre bibliothèque (2,266), Books On Books (39), ARC/LT ER & MG Copies (13), Gabriel's Conquests & Latest Victims (4), Read in 2010 (61), 2010 Reading List (79), En cours de lecture (8), Favoris (117), À lire (201), Liste de livres désirés (160)
- collection (710), read (608), non fiction (596), reference (516), english (459), art (409), classics (394), unread (391), literature (390), fantasy (387), gift (366), history (348), shelved (322), paperback (313), fiction (296), tbr (239), women (176), biography (165), mystery (158), Wishlist (155), novel (152), storage (149), illustrated (148), art history (134), poetry (133), artists (129), mythology (127), Wishlist ONLY--do not own (127), historical fiction (122), hardbound (117), non-fiction (116), unfinished (111), short stories (108), books about books (106), favorites (100), horror (97), love (97), 2011 reads (94), 2011 reading list (93), anthology (93), comics (92), england (92), series (91), neil gaiman (91), culture (89), philosophy (89), british (88), faerie (88), humor (88), 2010 reads (86), contemporary fiction (84), graphic novels (83), 2010 reading list (80), hollywood (77), WS (75), psychology (75), romance (74), favorite authors (72), magic (70), reading (68), rare (68), religion (67), society (67), classic (66), 20th century (65), suspense (65), hardcover (64), supernatural (64), britain (62), inspiration (60), first edition (60), death (59), science fiction (59), politics (59), reread (58), creativity (58), sociology (57), sff (56), travel (56), relationships (56), YA (55), english literature (55), urban fantasy (54), illustrations (53), adventure (51), writing (51), british literature (51), murder (50), american (50), contemporary (50), thriller (49), speculative fiction (49), memoir (48), read in 2010 (48), autobiography (48), tbr-2011 (48), illustration (48), guide (47), sandman (47), currently reading (47), science (47), translation (46), american literature (46), sf (46), europe (45), celebrities (45), marked (44), italy (44), drama (44), satire (43), beauty (42), historical (41), dictionary (41), music (40), fairy tales (39), legend (38), dreams (38), tragedy (38), paranormal (37), 19th century (37), brit lit (37), painting (37), crime (37), loss (36), folklore (36), america (36), essays (36), books (34), war (34), architecture (34), france (33), sculpture (32), movie stars (32), lit crit (32), children's (31), authors (31), dark fantasy (31), gothic (30), text (30), study (30), christianity (30), marginalia (29), hardbound w/DJ (29), ex-lib (29), victorian (29), dark (28), betrayal (28), american history (28), children (28), angels (28), scandal (28), language (28), literary fiction (28), american fiction (27), classic literature (27), feminism (27), vampires (26), spirituality (26), library (26), read-2011 (26), endless (25), grammar (25), anatomy (25), libraries (25), vertigo (25), stories (25), london (25), theology (24), movies (24), UK (24), literary criticism (24), books in books (24), cats (24), magical realism (23), photography (23), quotes (23), easton press (23), encyclopedia (23), renaissance (23), family (23), memoirs (23), belief (23), power (23), cemeteries (22), ghosts (22), linguistics (22), 1st edition (22), fame (22), dream (22), drugs (22), russia (21), murder mystery (21), occult (21), marilyn (21), bibliophilia (21), pop fiction (21), self-help (20), sexuality (20), beautiful (20), research (20), art collection (20), graphic novel (20), brain candy (19), mental illness (19), revenge (19), comedy (19), epic saga (19), shakespeare (19), England (19), nature (19), crafts (19), bibliomania (19), motivation (19), enchantment (19), allegory (19), british fiction (18), conspiracy (18), journals (18), nonfiction (18), legacy (18), writers (18), etymology (18), books and reading (18), newford (17), imagination (17), king arthur (17), theory (17), great britain (17), theatre (17), prints (17), sci-fi (17), sex (17), rock stars (17), drawing (17), french (17), media (17), design (17), damage(d) (17), how-to (17), young adult (17), myth (17), quotations (16), success (16), epic (16), gender studies (16), comic (16), film (16), humour (16), alice (16), trivia (16), signed by author (16), academia (16), stereotypes (16), bibliography (16), dreaming (16), figure studies (16), usa (16), graveyards (16), coming of age (16), leonardo (16), chick lit (16), prose (16), marriage (15), SF (15), uk (15), subject collection (15), class differences (15), animals (15), collectible (15), undead (15), elves (15), comic book (15), seduction (15), cultural studies (15), poignant (15), fairies (15), funny (15), postmodernism (15), surreal (15), government (14), independence (14), beliefs (14), school (14), paintings (14), friendship (14), whimsy (14), bookstores (14), 18th century (14), spelling (14), 20th century literature (14), literary (14), desire (14), knitting (14), secrets (14), medieval (14), ideas (14), hardcover w/DJ (13), favorite artists (13), ireland (13), class (13)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- 1001 Books to read before you die, 18th-19th Century Britain, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, All Things Discworldian - The Guild of Pratchett Fans, ARC Junkies, Art History, Art is Life, Baker Street and Beyond, Banned Books, Best of British, Biographies, Memoirs and Autobiographies, Blank Generation, Book Arts, Book Fiend, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Books Compared, Books in Books, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Books on Books, Books that made me think, Californians Who LT, Cats, books, life is good., Cemeteries & Gravestones, Cheese!, Children of the Night, Club Read 2011, Comics, Council of Elrond, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Deep South, Dewey Decimal Challenge, Drawn!, Early Reviewers, Edward Gorey, Fairy Tales Retold, FantasyFans, Fiber Arts, Freebies, Book Giveaways, and Contests, Gothic Romance, Historical Fiction, Hobnob with Authors, Hogwarts Express, Illustrated Books, Inklings, Knitters Inc., Le Salon Littéraire du Peuple pour le Peuple, Librarians who LibraryThing, LibraryThing Coffeehouse, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Literary Snobs, Los Angeles Loves Librarything, Manga!, Member Giveaways, Memoirs and autobiographies, Music to read by, Needlearts, Poetry Fool, Rare, Old or Offbeat, ravelry, Reading Resolutions, Science Fiction Fans, Taggers!, The 11 in 11 Category Challenge, The Chapel of the Abyss, The Green Dragon, The Prizes, Thing(amabrarian)s That Go Bump in the Night, Things found in books, Underappreciated Books and Authors, Urban Fantasy, Used Books, Victoriana, What Are You Reading Now?, What did YOU buy today?, Writer-readers, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- Inscrit depuis
- Oct 13, 2006
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- YES I do own all of these books... Except for the ones under My Wishlist Collection. Yes, after 3 years of not having a Wishlist on here i finally relented and made one. Mainly to appease that insatiable "Ooooh! Gimme Gimme!" urge those of us with the Bibliomania/Bibliophilia gentle madness are prone to.
All items on here are present in my library and accounted for. (Well, *sideways smile*. Almost all of them!) I've been collecting books since I was about 5. No really, I have. I even have my first Dr. Seuss book. It's all here somewhere, everything is. Sometimes it just doesn't want to be found..."unripe mind apples"... do you think books have ghosts? Well, I suppose if you believe in Vitalism as it pertains to books, then when they fall off shelves, it means that they are trying to commit suicide (like I read in one of my many philosophy books somewhere) then maybe they -do- have ghosts. Which would make sense (to me, anyways) because there has always been a kind of ephemeral sense hanging around my library, a personality, and all those voices humming and singing and whispering their esoteric thoughts to me. Something to ponder on, in any case.
I can remember almost every book I've ever had in my library, although some of them have not been with me for quite sometime now and may not, unfortunately, remember me. They have since been placed into hands other than mine, in locations unknown. I am quite sure Lucien would know, I must remember to ask him next time I run into him in Dream's library.
As for My Library, it has recently spent a huge amount of time in boxes being relocated to another house, another bedroom, and different bookshelves. A new home. *sigh* So I am mostly using this website to catalog my books and enter their names as I go about my slow but deliberative pace of delightedly unpacking and shelving them. A bit like welcoming back old friends, no?
This is by any comprehensive means a rather minute representation of my expansive Library, so far... and the works cataloged are firstly recent purchases, or recently read (or devoured) so, for the present time, the most "accurate" glimpse of my taste would be to take a look at my tags and or/authors, I suppose.
They -are- an eccentric bunch, but then again so am I. :O)
RECENT UPDATE: Still wandering, wondering & pondering... Ever the ethereal enchants me and follows my hallows. I am still adrift and nomadic as ever; but aspire to carve myself a brighter future... Hopefully soon I will have time to update my reading thread with more but for now, Please don't give up on me. Comments are sometimes the sunshine that keeps me going, so please, Please, PLEASE KEEP LEAVING ME COMMENTS!!! (For the MOST CURRENT INFO READ MY GD READING THREAD). I apologize if it takes longer than usual to respond to any comments left! Please forgive the delay & know it's never intentional! :)
2011 READING THREAD: http://www.librarything.com/topic/109613
BOOK COUNT STATS FOR 2011:
Create your own visitor map!
- A propos de moi
I am first and foremost an artist/writer/bibliophile/bibliomane... which means I spend a lot of time Here in My Head, and also inside books, libraries, book stores, music stores, art stores, etc. I have a voracious appetite for words and art... in fact, I think there are some who could verily present a most productive argument that I spend more time outside of reality than in it. They just may be right. I think even I could easily come up with a much more interesting reality.
oh wait... I already did.
In any case, although my personal collection is a rather ecclectic and strange one, I am first & foremost an AVID reader and welcome any comments, suggestions and observations any of you may have. Please feel free to leave an imprint on this page, or ramblings of the ink-style; all forms of communication on here will be most welcome! That is, if you should be so inclined. *smile*
- Lieu (géographique)
- Nomadic Wandering Gypsy & Starving Artist
- En cours de lecture
- Auteurs favoris
- Mortimer J. Adler, Tori Amos, Margaret Atwood, W. H. Auden, Nicholson Baker, Nicholas A. Basbanes, Charles Baudelaire, Ray Bradbury, Mikhail Bulgakov, Tim Burton, Lord Byron, Lewis Carroll, G. K. Chesterton, Kate Chopin, René Descartes, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Arthur Conan Doyle, Umberto Eco, Harlan Ellison, Anne Fadiman, Clifton Fadiman, F. Scott Fitzgerald, John Fowles, Robert Frost, Brian Froud, Neil Gaiman, Edward Gorey, Caitlín R. Kiernan, Madeleine L'Engle, Charles de Lint, Daphne du Maurier, Friedrich Nietzsche, Joyce Carol Oates, Mervyn Peake, Edgar Allan Poe, Terry Pratchett, Ayn Rand, Arthur Rimbaud, David Robinson, Theodore Roethke, William Shakespeare, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Irving Stone, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Hunter S. Thompson, J. R. R. Tolkien, Serena Valentino, Bill Watterson, Evelyn Waugh, Hank Wesselman, Edith Wharton, T. H. White, Oscar Wilde, Terri Windling, William Butler Yeats
- Favoris locaux
Connexions des membres
- ablueidol, AHS-Wolfy, allmadhere, autodidact101, bibliojim, BlackSheepDances, bluesalamanders, clamairy, CocoBrook, DaynaRT, DragonFreak, fiverivers, gentlemania, HarvReviewer, Instigatrix, JohnAdcoxCarolBales, karenmarie, katylit, kawika, lesleyap, librisalexandria, LyriqueTragedy, maggie1944, Marensr, MerryMary, Move_and_Merge, MrsLee, nerdgirlblogger, nitnat, polutropos, robynbright, SecondChances, shearrob, sweetiegherkin, theoldman, ThomasJefferson, tobiejonzarelli, tomcatMurr, willshetterly
- Bibliothèque intéressante
- 50Watts, 7sistersapphist, abealy, ablueidol, absurdeist, AHS-Wolfy, alana_leigh, alceinwdld, alibrarian, allmadhere, allthesedarnbooks, aluvalibri, angelrose, anna_in_pdx, AnnaClaire, Antheras, antimuzak, archangelsbooks, armsofsleep, AsYouKnow_Bob, atimco, atlaswinks, Audacity, autodidact101, avaland, BannedBooksLibrary, beatles1964, BeckahRah, BekkaJo, bertilak, beserene, BeyondEdenRock, bfrank, bibliojim, blackdogbooks, BlackSheepDances, bleuroses, bluesalamanders, bluetyson, BookEndsIntl, bookfreaklibrarian, bookjones, Bookmarque, booksandwine, Booksloth, bookstopshere, bookstothesky, btuckertx, buchleser, Busifer, calm, camillahoel, Carmenere, cathymoore, cckelly, ChocolateMuse, chrisloganedwards, citygirl, ckbrouwer, clamairy, Clio12, cnrenner, cobwebs, CocoBrook, copyedit52, crimson-tide, crimsonobsession, Crowyhead, DaynaRT, DeadGoodBooks, Delirium9, deliriumslibrarian, dempsterstreet, demuzeblog, devenish, DevourerOfBooks, diana.gabaldon, DieFledermaus, Discard, disturbingfurniture, dperrings, DragonFreak, DrearyWodge, drneutron, EarlyReviewers, eleanor_eader, ellevee, emily_morine, EmperorOfSarantium, Eurydice, evedeve, FaerytaleMalice, fiverivers, foggidawn, ForrestFamily, Ganeshaka, gentlemania, ginaruiz, GlebtheDancer, greendragongirl, guyalice, gwyneira, HarvReviewer, hashiru, hasprintwillread, Heather19, herebedragons, I-_-I, infiniteletters, inkdrinker, InkPanther, Instigatrix, IntoTheWildwood, irkthepurist, izzybee, jbvm, JeffBuckley, JeremyCShipp, Jetton, JNSelko, jnwelch, JohnAdcoxCarolBales, JPB, justicefortibet, K461R, kambrogi, karenmarie, katbook, KathyWoodall, katylit, kawika, Kerian, kiwidoc, kkisser, knitterscarlet, knittingfreak, kronelibrary, kye, Lachrymosa, LadyN, Laiane, leahbird, lefty33, lesleyap, librisalexandria, lilithcat, LiteraryFeline, littledeath, littlegeek, liulibrary, LizzySiddal, ljbwell, LolaWalser, LoveAndDeath, lunacat, LyriqueTragedy, LyzzyBee, maggie1944, MaggieO, Marensr, margad, marilynmonroelibrary, MeditationesMartini, mementogorey, MerryMary, mirrordrum, MissConstantReader, mmignano11, Morphidae, Mouldywarp, Move_and_Merge, mrgrooism, MrsLee, msf59, NarratorLady, NativeRoses, nitnat, NorthernStar, octobercountry, oldmanriver1951, openset, OpheliasVengeance, oregonobsessionz, pagesturned, pandoragreen, PaperCrystals, paugust, pdebolt, pinprick, pokarekareana, polutropos, Poquette, Porius, Porua, Powerslave214, pranogajec, qwertytypo, ragwaine, rampaginglibrarian, rarm, rbhardy3rd, readafew, readhead, reading_fox, revelshade, RevolutionBooks, richardderus, RicketyCat, robynbright, rolandofhawaii, rolandperkins, Ruth72, sandragon, Sandydog1, sapience14, scarletsherlock, Schehezerade, SecondChances, SeriousGrace, sevedra, Severn, shakespearelibrary, SharonGoforth, shearrob, sibylline, sighanne, SilentInAWay, SilversReviews, sollocks, souloftherose, southernbooklady, SpicyCat, StormRaven, strangefate, suzecate, sweetiegherkin, swingtheheartache, swtalmnd, sycoraxpine, Tasses, tcw, teresakayep, the_red_shoes, thelotusqueen, ThePerpetualOrgy, TheVioletHour, ThomasJefferson, TinazReading, tobiejonzarelli, tomcatMurr, TrailOfLeaves, trandism, travelinlibrarian, uberfrosch, undinesprite, unsuspected, vernefan, violet_nouveaux, VioletDelirium, violetforthemoment, VioletTwilight, vpfluke, Wanderlust_Lost, waterlibrary, wdavidlewis, whitewavedarling, WholeHouseLibrary, willshetterly, wizardsheart, woodbear, WoodWoman, wookiebender
Ce site utilise des cookies pour fournir nos services, optimiser les performances, pour les analyses, et (si vous n'êtes pas connecté) pour les publicités. En utilisant Librarything, vous reconnaissez avoir lu et compris nos conditions générales d'utilisation et de services. Votre utilisation du site et de ses services vaut acceptation de ces conditions et termes.