- Toutes les collections (14,686), Votre bibliothèque (9,792), eBooks (2,818), Audio books (662), Video (38), Favoris (30), Borrowed (901), En cours de lecture (14), À lire (2,201), Kindle (401), read in 2014 (2), my DVDs (2), Liste de livres désirés (199), Lus mais non possédés (590), Freecycled (536)
- to-read (3,553), American lit (1,161), Judaica (1,092), British lit (1,046), travel (1,033), languages (1,025), history (858), 19th century (693), English lit (681), memoir (617), Judaism (614), cooking (583), guidebook (559), Italy (496), historical fiction (401), Victorian (400), 2000s (397), mystery (375), vegetarian (369), literary criticism (358), Asia (348), fantasy (326), LGBT (325), food (321), LT-inspired (308), poetry (296), 1990s (291), Jewish lit (283), parenting (282), judaica (276), humor (257), vegan (238), biography (228), young adult (224), politics (212), lesbian (208), art (205), children's lit (203), philosophy (202), crafts (202), linguistics (199), health (191), short stories (188), England (183), psychology (180), drama (179), 18th century (178), language (175), religion (174), graphic-novels (173), essays (168), 2008 reads (S) (161), Japan (156), 1999 acq. (155), Jewish history (153), New York (153), science (150), Spanish (148), 2001 acq. (148), California (146), 2006 acq. (145), Italian (144), feminism (141), France (141), New Lifetime Reading Plan (139), books about books (137), 1930s (136), 2000 acq. (136), drinks (132), French lit (128), knitting (128), 2004 acq. (127), 2003 acq. (126), fitness (126), self-help (126), Classical studies (125), anthology (125), music (125), dictionary (122), 2006 reads (122), @recheck (122), graphic novel (120), French (120), 2008 acq. (119), science fiction (117), Spain (116), Penguin Classics (115), Israel (114), 2007 reads (S) (113), american (113), 2002 acq. (112), romance (111), English (111), 1950s (108), grammar (108), @donate (106), 1940s (105), travel writing (104), TBR 2009 (103), 1980s (102), 17th century (101), baking (99), 2005 acq. (96), Middle East (96), 1998 acq. (94), holidays (94), Torah (93), Norton Critical (93), English Renaissance (90), WWII (89), 16th century (88), pregnancy (86), crime (86), 1920s (86), European history (84), modernism (84), Latin America (84), horror (82), Shakespeare (82), young-adult (81), cycling (79), Scottish lit (79), 1910s (79), currently-reading (79), 2019-reading-challenge (78), activities (78), Italian lit (75), American history (75), Irish lit (75), Florence (75), sociology (75), Japanese (75), gardening (74), reference (74), 1960s (74), @classical (73), 2007 recipes (73), Edwardian (73), british-lit (73), Buddhism (71), Renaissance (71), education (71), movies (71), Italian food (68), yoga (68), ecology (68), historical-fiction (68), architecture (68), vampires (68), English history (67), phrasebook (67), German (66), Paris (66), writing (64), immigrants (64), baby (64), 999 Challenge (63), American South (63), comic-issues (63), 1900s (63), @reserve (62), Tanakh (62), Torah commentary (61), Jane Austen (61), tea (61), children's health (60), herbs (60), once library now own (59), nutrition (59), Canadian lit (59), muslim-world (59), homeschooling (59), 1970s (59), medieval (58), omnivore (57), India (57), reading (56), 2007 acq. (56), golden age (55), Tuscany (55), gender (54), Hebrew (54), women's health (54), bildungsroman (54), beading (53), ethics (53), preschool (52), Victorian poetry (52), read-2005-or-earlier (51), TV (51), food history (51), art history (51), jewelry (51), picture book (51), home (50), dessert (50), London (50), hiking (49), Venice (49), magical realism (49), U.S. history (49), British history (49), Jewish women (48), women-of-color (48), Jewish holidays (48), Greek lit (47), Italian cooking (47), Charles Dickens (47), African-American (47), Mexico (47), toddler (47), sexuality (47), Asian-American lit (46), historical mystery (46), Latin (45), Mysterious Galaxy (45), mythology (45), Storey (45), birth (44), read in one day (44), China (44), Vietnam (44), Italian Renaissance (44), sports (44), Rome (43), c19 (43), Scandinavia (43), Africa (42), magic (42), Orthodox Judaism (42), Chronicle books (42), Romanticism (42), Russian lit (42), socialism (42), nature (41), literary history (41), South America (41), @American (41), green living (40), Greece (40), Italian history (40), judaism (40), c21 (40), book lists (39), Portuguese (39), women poets (39), waiting to arrive (39), adventure (38), English poetry (38), superheroes (38), personality (38), travel memoir (38), culture (38), cats (38), Midwest (37), 1850s (37), Southern Italy (37), Russia (37), African-American lit (37), food writing (37), social problem novel (36), Catalonia (36), language history (36), boarding school (36), 2009 reads (36), dogs (36), Georgian (36), Jewish thought (36), spirituality (35), Hawaii (35), organic (35), comics (35), coffee (35), Ancient Greece (35), cooking--Asian (35), @vegetarian (35), 1001 (34), meditation (34), TV on DVD (34), Buffyverse (34), sex (34), restaurants (34), Palestine (34), 1860s (34), DVD (34), 2008 viewing (33), @baking (33), chapter book (33), Naples (33), high holidays (33), Northern Italy (33), beauty (32), children's nonfiction (32), bread (32), @British (32), 2008-04 (32), @checked out (31), @Jewish nonfiction (31), thriller (31), existentialism (31)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- 18th Century British Literature, 18th-19th Century Britain, 40-Something Library Thingers, 50 Book Challenge, All the World's a Stage, Amateur Historians, Ancient History, Anglophiles, Animal Lovers, Audiobooks, Baker Street and Beyond, BBC Radio 3 Listeners, Best of British, Bikes and Bicycles, Cycles, Cyclists and Bikers, Board for Extreme Thing Advances, Book Lust, Book Nudgers, Books on Books, British & Irish Children's Fiction, British & Irish Crime Fiction, BritWit, Californians Who LT, Cats, books, life is good., Children's Fiction, Children's Literature, Chocolate!, Chronicle Books Fans, Classical Music, Combiners!, Cookbook Collectors, Cookbookers, Cozy Mysteries, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Early Reviewers, Ecology and the environment, English History - Tudor through Edwardian, English majors!, Feminist Theory, Flaggers!, For Parents: Raising Readers, French Connection, French literature, 19th & 20th century, Friends of AustenBlog, Geeks who love the Classics, GLBT History, Group Reads - Literature, Happy Heathens, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Hellas, History: On learning from and writing history, I Love Jane Austen, I prefer men to cauliflowers, I Survived the Great Vowel Shift, Jewish Bibliophiles, Jewish Cookbooks and Cookery, Jewish Fiction, Jewish History, Judaica, Knitters Inc., Language, Le Salon Littéraire du Peuple pour le Peuple, Lesbian Bookworms, Library Juice Press / Litwin Books, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Lingua Latina, Literary Snobs, Loitering with Intent, London in Fiction, Lost Generation, Lost In A Good Book, Love and Death: for Woody Allen fans, Lovers of the Paranormal, Mothering.com, Naturalists, Nature Lit, Newbery Challenge, Non-Fiction Readers, Penguin Classics, Picture books, Poetry Fool, Pregnancy and Parenting, Queer and Trans Lit, Radical History, ravelry, Read YA Lit, ReadaThing, Reading Great Books, Reading Resolutions, ReJoyce, Revolutionary left, Romance Languages, Romanticism, San Diego Bibliophiles, San Diego Bibliophiles - The Genre Edition!, Seasons, Holidays, & Celebrations, Supporters of Local & Independent Bookstores, Taggers!, Tea!, The 'verse, THE ANYTHING CULINARY BOOK GROUP, The Black Orchid (A Nero Wolfe Group), The Brontës, The Colbert Nation, The Drones Club (all things P.G. Wodehouse), The Globe: Shakespeare, his Contemporaries, and Context, The Highly-Rated Book Group, The Island - Books from Lost, Thingamabrarians That Flickr, Treehuggers, Trollope lovers unite or fight, two inches of ivory, Vegetarians and vegans, Victoriana, Vintage children's and young adult books, What Are You Reading Now?, What the Dickens...?, Wollstonecraftians, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery, Ya Yas, Yoga
- Inscrit depuis
- Feb 19, 2006
- Nom réel
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- My home library contains a few thousand books (and DVDs), but I'm also a public library user. The "borrowed: public library" collection denotes books checked out since early 2006 (I have no record of anything before then).
I moved to a smaller place in 2015, which necessitated culling about half my collection. Once things settle down, I'll re-catalog what remains.
- A propos de moi
- An abiding love of literature has been the one constant in my life through the decades. An anglophile, I am most interested in novels and poetry from (and history of) the long 19th century: Romantic, Victorian, and Edwardian eras. Jane Austen, as my first literary love, has a special place in my heart. Pride and Prejudice was my favorite for many years (Elizabeth Bennet was my first literary crush), but now Persuasion rivals it in my affections. The Brontë sisters I have adored for many years as well. Percy Bysshe Shelley was my first poetic fancy. Lines or entire poems from Shelley and Dickinson, among others, were jotted from memory into my high school notebooks, transporting me from boredom to engagement.
I owned very few books (not even a single shelf's worth) growing up, so I relied on libraries. The holdings were heavy on popular romance and horror novels, which formed the bulk of my reading then (I say this with no condescension, believing the habit of reading far more important to becoming a lifelong reader than anything). My father, quite the autodidact, could teach himself anything from carpentry to architecture to gardening to history; perhaps owing to his example, I am wont to delve deeply--hands and heart--into whatever captures my attention.
Now in my 40s, as much a bibliophile as ever, I'm a single mom to a shy but spirited teenage girl who has a flair for the arts and writing. Grad school (MLIS) occupies much of my time and energy these days, and the adventure is just beginning.
- Lieu (géographique)
- San Diego
- Aussi sur
- En cours de lecture
- The Grown-Up's Guide to Teenage Humans: How to Decode Their Behavior, Develop Unshakable Trust, and Raise a Respectable Adult par Josh ShippPimsleur Italian Level 1: Learn to Speak and Understand Italian with Pimsleur Language Programs par Pimsleur
- Auteurs favoris
- Kate Atkinson, Jane Austen, Eavan Boland, Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Fanny Burney, Charles Dickens, Emily Dickinson, Toni Morrison, Christina Rossetti, William Shakespeare, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Tom Stoppard, Rex Stout, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Sarah Waters, Edith Wharton, P. G. Wodehouse, William Butler Yeats
- Favoris locaux
Librairies: A Room of One's Own, Adams Avenue Book Store, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Mira Mesa, Mysterious Galaxy, Powell's City of Books (Portland), Tattered Cover Book Store - Colfax Avenue (Denver), The Book Works, The Grove, Upstart Crow Trading Company
Connexions des membres
- Agenais32, ailish, bardsfingertips, delphineF, ellenandjim, erincathryn, ForrestFamily, Irisheyz77, irsslex, Keeline, LeesyLou, lilysea, LorriMilli, lpmejia, lydiasbooks, Maggie.Anton, malinablue, melmore, Miss_Eliza, MonkeyFrog, Onnaday, Poquette, redtxgirl77, sammimag, shootingstarr7, tamarajp, thisismebecca, vegefoodie
- Bibliothèque intéressante
- 7sistersapphist, adge73, aeludlam, ailish, almigwin, aluvalibri, amy_parkison, annabethblue, annajcook, anndouglas, anotherjennifer, atimco, Aussiewoman, Austenprose, Autodafe, avatiakh, baronessofbliss, BettcherForrest, BiblioDragon, bleuroses, bonjourcass, Bookish59, BookishRuth, bookoflife, bostonbibliophile, bridgitshearth, browner56, burneyfan, Caramellunacy, Cariola, carminowe, Caroline_McElwee, catmeyoo, Cayce, chevrefeuille, ChocolateMuse, ChristineMM, claned, colombe, Danneeness, dawnlovesbooks, dchaikin, DebbieWith2, debweiss, deepforestowl, devenish, dkathman, dodger, Dyrfinna, e1da, EAG, eduscapes, elfchild, ElizaJane, ellenandjim, EmilyDickinson, englishrose60, Epicurvegan, ErinEqualsPeace, Eumenides, fannyprice, ForrestFamily, Genevieve1, grumpyvegan, Gwendolen_North, gwendolyndawson, honeysmudge, IntlSpaceStation, Irisheyz77, izzybee, jbreazeale, jdbero, jhedlund, joannasephine, jr231, kassetra, Kasthu, Katie_H, Keeline, kiwidoc, krtierney, kylikki, LambdaArchivesofSD, LarsonLewisProject, laytonwoman3rd, lemontwist, librariankate7578, lilysea, lindapanzo, LiterateHousewife, littlecastlebythesea, LolaWalser, lorax, LorriMilli, lquilter, maeve_spry, MaggieLovesBooks, manque, markell, MaWhit, mcghol, meburste, meganreads, mentalmultivitamin, metrocrwm, MissWoodhouse, MissWoodhouse1816, mmcmommy, mookid, mountebank, MusicMom41, natabat, NatalieSirota, NativeRoses, neilandlisa, NinaGandee, obsessedbybooks, otherstories, peaceabbey, PensiveCat, phyl613, piano3646, Rache, rampaginglibrarian, robmickey, RoseCityReader, rubicon528, sammimag, sashadavidovna, senkki, shootingstarr7, southernbooklady, spinsterrevival, SthiraSukha, strangechord, stults, sycoraxpine, sylphette, TainaEvans, tarpfarmer, TeacherDad, teelgee, TequilaMockingbird, theaelizabet, TheAthleticPerformer, thecynicalromantic, thisismebecca, torontoc, tpewc, TrishNYC, UCSD_LGBT_RC, velopunk, venusenvy, victoriafordsmith, violet_nouveaux, yvaine