- Toutes les collections (6,912), Votre bibliothèque (6,264), donated and gone (256), Ruined and gone (82), wrong covers (49), Lus mais non possédés (236), Family Books (46), Green Dragon Meetups (16), À lire (302), Lee's (37), Kicked to the curb (66), Star Trek (113), Liste de livres désirés (38), Favoris (14), 2009 Reads (109), 2010 Reads (59), Awards (18), I Jus' Can't Do It, Cap'n (1), Stuck in the Middle (12), Replaced ruined book (4), 2011 Reads (1), Recovered books (1)
- nonfiction (1,433), YA (1,002), mystery (958), children's lit (692), fantasy (656), vintage (649), humor (586), historical fiction (542), science fiction (530), romance (406), short stories (294), World War II (215), cozy mystery (203), cats (201), magic (194), Star Trek (168), cookbook (161), poetry (160), western (153), Christmas (152), reference (134), true crime (126), biography (124), books about books (117), 19th century (109), anthology (108), adventure (104), Christian romance (104), time travel (103), Nebraska (98), memoir (93), England (92), rescues (92), cartoons (84), fairy tales (83), friendship (83), survival (83), dystopia (82), textbook (81), Teal1 (79), frontier and pioneer life (74), ghosts (73), American history (72), White1 (70), mythology (70), history (70), wrong cover (69), Holocaust (66), New York City (65), Nebraska history (64), Black7 (60), Black4 (55), picture book (55), gothic romance (54), Gray16 (53), trivia (52), Teal5 (51), death (50), paranormal (50), Black8 (49), SkyBlue4 (49), women (48), autobiography (48), Gray10 (48), essays (48), recipes (48), Gray22 (47), Teal3 (47), movies (46), Gray11 (46), SkyBlue1 (46), World War I (45), SkyBlue5 (45), Minnesota (45), murder (45), Black5 (44), Black6 (43), Lee's (42), disasters (42), witches (42), Clear10 (42), SkyBlue2 (42), grief (40), SkyBlue3 (40), cross-stitch (40), DarkRed5 (39), nostalgia (39), fairy tales retold (38), Gray21 (38), dogs (38), diabetes (38), family (36), White20 (36), oral interp (36), Texas (36), libraries (35), folklore (35), Black10 (35), SkyBlue7 (35), DarkBlue5 (34), dragons (34), forensics (34), Clear/lime (34), crime (34), Newbery Medal (34), baseball (34), Black12 (33), herbs (33), horror (33), quilting (33), Teal4 (33), Gray13 (33), Black9 (32), trains (32), SmallGray17 (32), reader (31), drama (31), photography (31), American Civil War (31), Regency romance (31), Pink1 (31), SmallGray10 (30), television (30), Gray17 (30), signed by author (30), Clear/green (30), Gramma Spray (30), teaching (29), animals (29), speech (29), Navajo (29), SmallGray11 (28), Native Americans (28), Washington DC (28), Teal2 (28), DkBlue1 (28), reading (28), sports (27), SmallGray20 (27), SkyBlue8 (27), re-reads (27), American West (26), SmallGray16 (26), travel (26), SmallGray27 (26), DarkRed1 (26), health (26), SkyBlue6 (26), Newbery Honor Award (26), SmallGray26 (26), SmallGray15 (25), King Arthur (25), suspense (25), birds (25), authors (25), Christian fiction (25), crime fiction (25), Loganberry (25), SmallGray28 (24), London (24), 20th century (24), SmallGray13 (24), Christian (24), Red1 (23), Gray15 (23), SmallGray18 (23), plays (23), SmallGray14 (23), Little Golden Book (22), SmallGray3 (22), Newbery Award (22), Teal6 (22), children (22), Little House books (22), astronomy (22), quotations (22), music (22), Civil War (21), slavery (21), SmallGray22 (21), self-help (21), SmallGray21 (21), writing (21), California (21), medieval (21), SmallGray6 (20), SmallGray23 (20), cowboys (20), SmallGray7 (20), 1930s (20), post-apocalypse (20), Lincoln Abraham (20), guides (20), SmallGray19 (20), San Francisco (19), kidnapping (19), alternate history (19), Newbery Honor (19), books (19), Bible stories (19), SmallGray30 (19), Middle Ages (19), Native American (19), script (19), literature (19), SmallGray29 (19), inspiration (19), military history (18), American literature (18), urban fantasy (18), SmallGray12 (18), Gray12 (18), Greek mythology (18), Harry Potter (18), nursing (18), SmallGray8 (18), child abuse (18), SmallGray24 (18), vampires (17), organization (17), Gray14 (17), Caldecott Medal (17), sisters (17), mental illness (17), theater (17), letters (17), wizards (17), Titanic (17), signed (16), art (16), aging (16), audiobook (16), crafts (16), Henry VIII (16), picture books (16), football (16), royalty (16), SmallGray9 (16), Bible (16), SmallGray5 (15), Great Depression (15), Star Trek TNG (15), 18th century (15), medieval history (15), religion (15), Mississippi (15), orphans (15), satire (15), 2010 reads (15), 9/11 (15), France (14), household (14), 12th century (14), babies (14), school stories (14), needlework (14), national parks (14), Lost Treasures (14), SmallGray2 (14), New Hampshire (14), librarians (13), Lee (13), maltshop romance (13), British history (13), Nebraska author (13), SmallGray25 (13), librarianship (13), espionage (13), Egypt (13), TV tie-in (13), thriller (13), angels (13), bookstores (13), puzzles (13), nursery rhymes (13), literary criticism (13), Alaska (12), Wilder Laura Ingalls (12), U.S. history (12), bodice-ripper (12), Dad's (12), fotonovels (12), Nebraska fiction (12), basketball (12), world history (12), Canada (12), politics (12), Norse mythology (12), Maine (12), SmallGray1 (12), comfort (12), architecture (12), China (11), stars (11), horses (11), Christianity (11), elementary lit (11), Merlin (11), British (11), racism (11)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- 50-Something Library Thingers, Arr, me hearties!, Ask LibraryThing, Banned Books, Best in Children's Books Collectors' Group, Board for Extreme Thing Advances, Book Listers UNITE!, Books in 2025: The Future of the Book World, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Booksniffers, Bug Collectors, Cats, books, life is good., Cemeteries & Gravestones, Children's Fiction, Children's Literature, Cthulhu Mythos Homeschoolers, Depression and Anxiety: Books That Help, Do you know who's watching?, Fairy Tales Retold, Genealogy@LT, GreyHead's frequently answered questions, High School English Teachers, Hobnob with Authors, Hugotontheonbiquiffinarians, Kids and Grandkids. LT by Proxy, Librarything Railroad (The LTR), LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Midwest Writers/Readers, Music to read by, Mythology, Name that Book, Nebraskans who LibraryThing, Outside, Read YA Lit, Readers Over Sixty, Stalking Tim & Company, Star Trek Books, Tattered but still lovely, The Diogenes Club, The Green Dragon, The LibraryThing Mock Newbery and Caldecott, The Random Group for Fogies and Curmudgeons of All Ages, Until the hunt is done, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- Inscrit depuis
- Feb 12, 2007
- Nom réel
- Mary Lou Miller
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- My Library (Your Library in Collections) is still the record of what I own. Since the advent of Collections, I do have some WishList and some Read But Not Owned on board, but I opted not to count them them in YL. I LOVE Collections, and I'm still dinking with them.
I love reconnecting with books I read as a kid, and I'm always watching for old familiar titles. I can recommend Loganberry Books as a great source for out of print children's and YA books. They are really helpful and available online.
I also have a lot of "vintage" books because I inherit them. I couldn't bear to see my grandmother's teaching materials and novels go to the trash so I rescued them. Some of them are really great reads!! I also have lots of school books and novels that belonged to my parents and grandparents. I love the smell and feel of them.
Create your own visitor map!
- A propos de moi
- I've been a bibliophile since the womb. My mama was a school librarian/media specialist when I was a kid, and I followed in her footsteps for over 35 years. I retired in the spring of 2008.
My husband Lee and I were both teachers. We came to the Sandhills of Nebraska in 1983. It's a great place to teach, a great place to raise kids and cattle. (Our area has far more of the latter than the former.) Lee and I raised a terrific daughter, Mary Leigh, who turned into a great advertisement for growing up in the 'Hills. She in turn found a 6'5" football player at college, married him, and presented us with THE 3 most beautiful, most intelligent grandchildren on the planet. Hannah is nearly 16 and loves books. She likes many of the same books her mother enjoys as well as books Gramma had as a kid. Christian is nearly 13, and loves nonfiction - especially if they have the Minnesota Vikings in them! He reads everything in sight. He also likes to create his own books. Miss Hayden is 9. She loves her books, and is reading way above her grade level. Actually, all three of them are. I asked Hayden once why she was crying and what I could do to help. She sniffled at me and said, "Well, you could read me happy."
After 35 years in my beloved Sandhills, I finally faced reality and relocated to where my grandchildren are. (Five hours trip one way every time they did something wonderful was too far as I get older.) I'm just across the river from Nebraska, and I get back to home as often as I can.
I lost my Lee to cancer in 2005.. Some days are good, some not so good. Books and grandchildren are my delight and my salvation.
- Lieu (géographique)
- Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Aussi sur
- Auteurs favoris
- Sarah Addison Allen, Bruce Catton, Thomas B. Costain, A. C. Crispin, Joan Dirksen, Diane Duane, John Dunning, Rumer Godden, James Herriot, Tony Hillerman, Louis L'Amour, Harper Lee, Madeleine L'Engle, Lois Lowry, Robin McKinley, Mary Pipher, Jean Plaidy, Ellery Queen, J. K. Rowling, Mari Sandoz, John Steinbeck, Mary Stewart, Roger L. Welsch, Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Favoris locaux
Librairies: A to Z Books, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Crossroads, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Lincoln, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Mall of the Bluffs, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Oakview Mall, Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle), Loganberry Books, Nebraska Bookstore, University of Nebraska Bookstore
Bibliothèques: Alice M. Farr Public Library, Anselmo Public Library, Broken Bow Public Library, Edith Abbott Memorial Library, Hastings Public Library, North Platte Public Library, Sargent Township Library, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries: Love Library
Autre: Nebraska History Museum
Connexions des membres
- Alldone, BHenricksen, BookLover07, BradonK, CalicoGal, callmejacx, cannellfan, carterchristian1, clamairy, clik4, cmbohn, cornpuff12, DragonFreak, drneutron, Elenadc, FiveBooks, GeorgiaDawn, Grace_Elliot, ianea, jenniebooks, jensenkids, JeremyCShipp, jpers36, katylit, libraryhermit, lilywren, maberry, maggie1944, MaryJensen, MaryNovik, MichelleHoover, mrgrooism, MrsLee, mstrust, nitnat, OldSarge, PandorasRequiem, pee-wee, QueenOfDenmark, RavenswoodPublishing, richardderus, teresa1953, TheFlamingoReads, TheoClarke, theoldman, TomWaitsTables, turtlesleap, TuxedoCat, tygermoonfoxx, virgingloves, winabook02, Zentralbibliothek_ZH
- Bibliothèque intéressante
- 1001Fantasy, 2wonderY, Arctic-Stranger, benitastrnad, bjappleg8, Busifer, catalog_theLTcat, clamairy, GreenDragon, hobbitprincess, IntlSpaceStation, Jakeofalltrades, jensenkids, Keeline, littlegeek, Morphidae, MrsLee, OldSarge, PandorasRequiem, pollysmith, QueenOfDenmark, rainpebble, teresa1953, timspalding, wearylibrarian, WholeHouseLibrary
Ce site utilise des cookies pour fournir nos services, optimiser les performances, pour les analyses, et (si vous n'êtes pas connecté) pour les publicités. En utilisant Librarything, vous reconnaissez avoir lu et compris nos conditions générales d'utilisation et de services. Votre utilisation du site et de ses services vaut acceptation de ces conditions et termes.