- Toutes les collections (11,520), Books (11,470), Signed (1,755), In Case of Fire (118), Votre bibliothèque (11,519), Ebooks (180), En cours de lecture (46), Read in 2022 (15), Read in 2021 (33), Read in 2020 (48), Read in 2019 (23), Read in 2018 (17), Read in 2017 (29), Read in 2016 (28), Read in 2015 (24), Read in 2014 (29), Read in 2013 (70), Read in 2012 (69), Read in 2011 (51), Read in 2010 (48), Read in 2009 (17), Read in 2008 (9), Recently Read (430), Recently re-read (45), Comic Books (49), Recovered books (1)
- fantasy (3,333), mystery (3,319), science fiction (2,486), read (1,958), fiction (1,835), signed (1,773), uk mystery (642), espionage (594), uk fantasy (566), signed first edition (547), arc (392), uk science fiction (326), westerns (321), graphic novel (311), uk fiction (272), uk historical fiction (247), men's adventure (245), historical fiction (236), dated (182), ebook (175), pulp (157), hard case crime (154), sprayed edges (150), eARC (144), fantasy anthologies (126), lined (120), box 17 (115), box 61 (114), first/first (112), box 64 (111), science fiction anthologies (111), box 70 (110), box 69 (107), box 50 (106), box 71 (105), box 66 (104), box 39 (103), uk espionage (103), nautical fiction (99), read 2008 (98), mystery anthologies (97), box 67 (97), box 11 (97), box 65 (97), box 25 (96), historical mystery (96), box 14 (95), box 16 (93), YA (91), steampunk (91), box 08 (90), thriller (89), box 32 (86), box 63 (84), box 04 (83), box 06 (83), box 40 (82), box 12 (82), box 62 (82), box 30 (80), box 72 (79), canadian fantasy (77), box 46 (77), box 01 (76), box 15 (75), box 68 (75), box 19 (74), box 43 (72), box 56 (71), box 45 (71), box 59 (71), box 03 (70), box 09 (70), box 41 (69), doc savage (68), box 57 (68), box 58 (68), read 2013 (67), box 28 (67), box 27 (67), box 35 (67), box 18 (66), read 2012 (66), box 54 (65), box 33 (65), box 48 (65), box 37 (64), uk historical mystery (64), box 24 (64), box 23 (64), box 10 (64), box 60 (63), box 26 (63), box 44 (62), box 13 (62), box 34 (62), box 53 (62), box 36 (62), read 2007 (61), not for young'uns! (61), box 51 (61), read 2011 (60), box 29 (60), box 52 (59), box 38 (59), box 21 (59), box 02 (58), box 42 (58), box 55 (57), comic books (56), box 31 (56), box 22 (56), box 49 (55), martial arts (54), read 2010 (51), box 20 (49), box 05 (49), finance/investing (48), British Library Crime Classics (48), australian fantasy (47), read 2009 (47), box 47 (46), malazan (45), assassins (39), read 2020 (38), horror (36), historical fantasy (35), read 2019 (34), adventure (34), australian mystery (33), swedish mystery (32), fantasy collections (32), liaden universe (32), super-powers (31), women of sundry hues (31), science fiction collections (30), vampires (30), read 2016 (30), noir (30), south african mystery (29), norwegian mystery (29), read 2014 (28), 2642 (28), read 2017 (27), the avenger (27), read 2021 (26), milo march (25), norse (25), remainder mark (25), history (24), high adventure for adults (24), sports (23), australian science fiction (22), reference (22), teen fantasy (21), sfbc (20), repairman jack (20), french mystery (20), doodled (19), russian mystery (19), read 2018 (19), canadian science fiction (18), just speculation (17), chiun (16), remo williams (16), read 2015 (16), matt helm (16), mystery collections (15), amos walker (15), the shadow (15), crime (15), limited edition (15), the wife's (15), george abercrombie fox (14), biography (14), irish mystery (14), signed by Joe R. Lansdale (14), re-read 2012 (13), commander george gideon (13), read in 2022 (12), re-read 2021 (12), joe gall (12), german mystery (12), fiction anthologies (12), scottish mystery (12), jim hardman (12), new zealand fantasy (12), humor (12), hump evans (12), the phantom (12), french fantasy (11), western fantasy (11), arc finished copy (11), re-read 2013 (11), johnny fedora (11), weird westerns (11), baseball (10), Ed Brubaker (10), japanese mystery (10), shell scott (10), finnish science fiction (10), uk first/first (10), western anthologies (10), art (10), drake (10), parker (10), nautical (10), illumicrate (10), western porn (10), carl wilcox (9), stamped (9), personalized (9), western (8), icelandic mystery (8), donald lam (8), hitman (8), bertha cool (8), fantasy omnibus (8), johnny liddell (8), strip (8), danish mystery (8), fantasy collection (8), alternate history (8), stock trading (8), chap. book (8), mark hood (7), finished copy (7), limited edition 247/300 (7), shaft (7), tennis (7), spanish mystery (7), operator #5 (7), john craig (7), signed bookplate (7), wild cards (7), spoof (7), business/management (7), signed limited edition (7), southern mystery (7), spanish fiction (7), Laura Lippman (7), canadian mystery (7), harry hole (7), netherlands mystery (7), american mystery classics (6), bernie gunther (6), re-read 2010 (6), inspector bonaparte (6), trace (6), Reed Farrel Coleman (6), dutch mystery (6), ya (6), signed by Gregory Benford (6), romantic crime (6), WW II (6), limited edition 78/300 (6), asian (6), Gary Phillips (6), highlander (6), dragon head sketch (6), uk historical fantasy (6), polish fantasy (6), italian mystery (6), science fantasy (6), russian fantasy (6), box (6), limited edition 394/500 (5), anthologies (5), B (5), erast fandorin (5), indian fantasy (5), malaysian fantasy (5), Michael Connelly (5), norse mythology (5), limited edition 47/500 (5), super-heroes (5), collection (5), jean-baptiste adamsberg (5), world war II (5), OSS 117 (5), duplicate Iliad didn't want (5), not really my thing (5), scottish science fiction (5), feline aliens (5), marvel (5), stephen dain (5), investing (5), science fiction omnibus (5), french espionage (5), uk science fiction collection (5), blackford "blacky" oakes (5), werewolves (5), Jim Fusilli (5), re-read 2011 (5), Jason Starr (5), jacob asch (5), dr. david audley (5), hugo bishop (5), masao masuto (4), malazan empire (4)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- 50-Something Library Thingers, ARC Junkies, Baker Street and Beyond, Book Care and Repair, Book Collectors, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Comics, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Crimespace, Everything Illustration and Comic Art!, FantasyFans, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Historical Fiction, HMS Surprise, Libertarian Science Fiction, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Los Angeles Loves Librarything, Malazan, Modern Collector, Name that Book, New authors first editions, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, Science Fiction Fans, Signed books, Tennis, Tennis, Anyone?, Westerns
- Inscrit depuis
- May 22, 2006
- Nom réel
- Only my mother knows for sure
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- Hmm...Library. Possibly a bit ambitious because in my mind it connotes not just books (I have enough of those...wait, what am I saying?), but also a certain setting. You know, the built-in shelves, wheeled ladders on rails, fireplace, over-stuffed chair and ottoman, dog, etc. Not particularly original, I know, but it's my idea of how a library should look and what I want for myself, someday (except for the dog; frankly, I'd rather have a cat).
As far as what my library contains, well, it's comprised of about 2/3 mass market fiction and 1/3 trade paper and hardcover fiction, with the occasional business/investment tome thrown in so I can learn just how much money I would have had if not for an irrational need to own books. I've been buying more and more hardcover books the last few years as I've become a more serious "hyper-modern" book collector.
Also, under the "follow the flag" theory of book collecting, the tags for my books reflect--to the best of my knowledge--an author's country of citizenship/birth, rather than the setting of any particular story or series, or the country where the book was published. If there's no country specified, then the author should be American (assuming I didn't screw up or just forget to check, which are strong possibilities). If you spot an error in my tags (or anywhere else, for that matter), feel free to drop me a note, if you have a moment to spare.
Collections is now upon us and it is not exactly what I was hoping it would be. You see, I used to be quite adamant that LT should be about books, and nothing but books. And those books should be owned by an individual or family on LT, rather than an entity, and above all else, those books should be real! But, over the last 3 years (wherein I actually set foot inside a county library and realized modern libraries now contain music, movies, magazines, newspapers and probably more) my conception of what an LT library may contain has expanded to envelop pretty much all printed matter, as well as music, movies and their related ephemera. So, in the spirit of Collections and more expansive libraries, I will be adding CD's and DVD's to LT and I've already begun adding my comic collection. However, there will be no wish lists from me as there does not yet seem to be a way to keep imaginary items from counting toward one's overall library size on the Zeitgeist list, which remains my largest area of dissatisfaction with Collections.
***Update Redux 6/5/10***
Well, individual entry of comics on LT is quite the time consuming task, so I'm slowly adding titles to comicbookdb.com with the intention of importing them here at a later date. However, while comicbookdb is much faster, it's still a dauntingly slow task to enter everything and I've decided to put that on the back burner until I've tagged the whereabouts of all my mass market paperbacks in their respective boxes (23 of around 50 boxes done). DVD's and CD's will come after everything readable has been entered (I fully expect them to be obsolete technology by the time I get to them, heh).
Just a fun fact: On September 15, 2012, I had 7,777 books, of which 777 were signed; kinda wish I could freeze the library right there...
Create your own visitor map!
- A propos de moi
- Age: 56
Status: Married for 25 years.
Children: None. Zero. My books are my babies and I never have to change their diapers (just a fresh Brodart every so often).
Username: From an Arnold Lobel "poem" called "Books to the Ceiling." I wanted to use "outsideofadog" from the famous Groucho Marx saying, but some 7 book FA'er (Free Accounter) nabbed it 20 days before I thought of it. Can I get a "20 days!" repetition in an imitation Chris Rock falsetto to express my disgust? Thank you.
Books: Mostly science fiction/fantasy, but I've added quite a few mysteries and a smattering of espionage and historical fiction over the last decade+. I also have a fair number of western titles, although I don't have nearly the number I used to. My favorite type of story would probably be the "mystery in a science fiction setting" a la Jack McDevitt, Larry Niven (Gil the arm), Peter F. Hamilton or Richard Morgan, just to name a few.
Favorite Authors: Fairly lengthy list comprised of authors read "recently" and authors I haven't read in many years. Some of the older authors may not make the cut if I were to re-read their books today, but I have fond memories of their writings, so on the list they go. Also, even though an author's body of work may be generally mediocre, if they've got at least one book I truly enjoyed, then that's enough to qualify for the list.
- Lieu (géographique)
- En cours de lecture
- Berserker SF Gateway Omnibus: The Shadow of the Wolf, The Bull Chief, The Horned Warrior par Robert HoldstockShadowblack: Book Two in the page-turning new fantasy series (Spellslinger) par Sebastien De Castell
- Auteurs favoris
- Ben Aaronovitch, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Adams, Boris Akunin, Aaron Allston, Piers Anthony, Neal Asher, Pierce Askegren, Robert Asprin, Gail Van Asten, Iain Banks, Elizabeth Bear, Alex Bledsoe, Kyril Bonfiglioli, Mayer Alan Brenner, Patricia Briggs, Ed Brubaker, Ken Bruen, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold, Chris Bunch, John Burdett, William R. Burkett, Jr., Edgar Rice Burroughs, F. M. Busby, Kurt Busiek, John Byrne, Christian Cameron, Miles Cameron, Orson Scott Card, Mike Carey, Jack L. Chalker, Howard Chaykin, Lee Child, Barbara Cleverly, Harlan Coben, Allan Cole, Michael Connelly, James S. A. Corey, Bernard Cornwell, Larry Correia, Desmond Cory, Robert Crais, Carroll John Daly, Ed Dee, Nelson DeMille, Sean Doolittle, Dave Duncan, Dorothy Dunnett, Ed McDonald (author), Phyllis Eisenstein, Steven Erikson, Ian C. Esslemont, Minister Faust, David Feintuch, Alan Dean Foster, Brian Freemantle, David Gemmell, Victor Gischler, Walter B. Gibson, Norman Green, Mike Grell, Peter F. Hamilton, C. S. Harris, Harry Harrison, Christopher Hinz, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, James P. Hogan, Tom Holt, David Housewright, Dean Ing, Elliott James, Craig Johnson, L. E. Modesitt, Jr., Guy Gavriel Kay, P. B. Kerr, Nancy Kress, Katherine Kurtz, Dewey Lambdin, Louis L'Amour, Hugh Laurie, John Lawton, Ann Leckie, Sharon Lee, Dennis Lehane, Martin Limón, Jean Lorrah, Sergei Lukyanenko, Jonathan Lunn, David Markson, Ed McBain, Anne McCaffrey, Jack McDevitt, Ed McDonald, Gregory Mcdonald, Maureen F. McHugh, Adrian McKinty, R. M. Meluch, Deon Meyer, Steve Miller, Daniel Keys Moran, Richard Morgan, John Morressy, Jo Nesbø, Kim Newman, Larry Niven, Andre Norton, Naomi Novik, Eric S. Nylund, Patrick O'Brian, Carol O'Connell, Andrew J. Offutt, Robert O'Riordan, David R. Palmer, George P. Pelecanos, Steve Perry, Thomas Perry, Max Phillips, H. Beam Piper, Mike Resnick, Alastair Reynolds, Mack Reynolds, John Maddox Roberts, Kenneth Robeson, Patrick Rothfuss, Sean Russell, John Sandford, Dorothy L. Sayers, John Scalzi, Jack Schaefer, James H. Schmitz, Adrian Selby, Ernest Thompson Seton, Dan Simmons, Maj Sjöwall, L. Neil Smith, Martin Cruz Smith, Sherwood Smith, Peter Spiegelman, John Steakley, Richard Steinberg, Neal Stephenson, Matthew Woodring Stover, Victoria Strauss, Mark Sumner, Keith Taylor, Peter Temple, Sheri S. Tepper, Steve Thayer, J. R. R. Tolkien, P. J. Tracy, Delia Marshall Turner, A. E. van Vogt, Brian K. Vaughan, Vernor Vinge, Karl Edward Wagner, Mark Waid, Bill Watterson, David Weber, Donald E. Westlake, Kevin Wignall, John Wilcox, Elizabeth Willey, F. Paul Wilson, Don Winslow, Tom Wood, Roger Zelazny
- Favoris locaux
Connexions des membres
- Bibliothèque intéressante
- AlanPoulter, Aneris, AngelaB86, anglemark, Ann_Louise, Astrodene, AsYouKnow_Bob, austcrimefiction, avatiakh, babsji, Bengan, beniowa, bibliorex, bookstopshere, BrigidsBlest, brive, BruceDMacDonald, cadolph, camon63, cathyskye, chilperic, chrisloganedwards, citygirl, ckNikka, clong, ConalO, cosmicdolphin, CrazedCollector, crazybatcow, cthulhuslibrarian, dada1967, Daffobint, Dannelke, Darkson, DaveLancaster, devenish, dillytanty, divinenanny, donaldmcobb, drivincryin, Drylnn, dwinston, elkiedee, fang, Fourpawz2, FredericB, Hank1215, hoopmanjh, HorusE, iresam, jackanaples, jamespurcell, Jebbie74, jjmcgaffey, jlabeatnik, johnnyapollo, kattepusen, kd9, Keeline, kirjen, kleo, krlaw6, LadyDarbanville, lcd, leennnadine, LexieS17, littlegeek, Littlemissbashful, lizandkats, LouisBranning, magnumpigg, majkia, mhatchett, MikeBriggs, mmignano11, mtnmdjd, NauticalFiction99, naylands, NickPetty, nsblumenfeld, OldSarge, PandorasRequiem, parasolofdoom, revelshade, Robin_Hill, rowens, saltmanz, SanTeresa, sarahpezzini, ScorpioBookDreams, sevedra, Severn, skullduggery, SRHarbin, stefferoo, SteveAnderson, sunqueen, tenaciousreader, TerryWeyna, thegreattim, TheIdleWoman, Thulean, vangogan, vicwong, wallcraf, xenchu, Z-Ryan
Ce site utilise des cookies pour fournir nos services, optimiser les performances, pour les analyses, et (si vous n'êtes pas connecté) pour les publicités. En utilisant Librarything, vous reconnaissez avoir lu et compris nos conditions générales d'utilisation et de services. Votre utilisation du site et de ses services vaut acceptation de ces conditions et termes.