- Toutes les collections (1,721), TBR 2020 (41), Bird Brained (4), Bookish Books (20), British Library (282), Sherlockian Library (12), Cat Lady Library (5), Shakespeare Library (12), Poetry Library (58), TARDIS Library (16), Back in Time (5), e-book (4), I Read This (233), Votre bibliothèque (1,586), Liste de livres désirés (1), En cours de lecture (14), À lire (154), Lus mais non possédés (115), Favoris (78), Tea Library (47)
- Read (206), Fiction (87), History (74), 1010 (69), England (67), 1001 (59), Biography (47), Tea (47), 999 (43), Poetry (41), Classic (35), Recipes (34), TBC (32), London (26), Little Leather Library (25), Historical Novel (23), Cookbook (21), Mystery (21), Memoir (19), Fantasy (19), Non-fiction (19), YA (18), Victorian (17), Reference (16), Novel (16), ER (16), Travel (14), Humor (14), Humour (13), Canada (13), Tudor (13), Medieval (12), Barnes and Noble (12), Modern Library (11), New York (11), Dickens (11), Penguin (11), Non-Fiction (11), Trollope (10), Cats (10), France (10), Children's (9), Mythology (9), India (9), Montgomery (9), Shakespeare (9), How-to (9), Austen (9), Queen (8), Fforde (8), Writing (8), Women (8), Sherlock Holmes (8), Bronte (8), Essays (8), Plantagenet (8), Ireland (8), Art (8), Short Stories (7), Anthology (7), Historical Fiction (7), Virago (7), Drama (7), Christie (7), Beatles (7), Graphic Novel (7), Alternate Reality (7), 19th Century (7), Bibliophilia (7), ARC (6), Early Reviewers (6), Collection (6), Proust (6), Prince Edward Island (6), Woolf (6), Scotland (6), Autobiography (6), Artists (6), 20th Century (6), Italy (6), 17th Century (6), Doctor Who (5), Binchy (5), Pepys (5), Diet (5), Detective Fiction (5), Elizabethan (5), Greece (5), Jane Austen (5), 16th Century (5), Europe (5), Rome (5), Books (5), Poems (5), Flowers (4), Letters (4), Reading (4), Archaeology (4), Royalty (4), Literature (4), Stories (4), Everyman's Library (4), Health (4), American (4), Russia (4), Food (4), Music (4), Superman (4), Botany (4), DC Comics (4), Wharton (4), Joyce (4), 1930's (4), Gaskell (3), French (3), Queens (3), Dictionary (3), Opera (3), Japan (3), Rutherfurd (3), TBRR (3), Sci-fi (3), Plaidy (3), Yeats (3), Ideas (3), Restoration (3), Anthropology (3), Britain (3), Richard III (3), Tourism (3), Plays (3), Animals (3), Chick-lit (3), Poe (3), Quotations (3), Writers (3), Journal (3), Hardy (3), America (3), Diary (3), Beatrix Potter (3), Saga (3), Elizabeth I (3), Language (3), Theatre (3), English (3), Paris (3), Ancient Rome (3), Monarchy (2), Renaissance (2), Juvenilia (2), Iran (2), Etiquette (2), Tolkein (2), 15th Century (2), Roman (2), Gothic (2), Diaries (2), Beverages (2), Fairy (2), Lifestyle (2), French Dictionary (2), British (2), China (2), Wine (2), Asia (2), Scrapbooking (2), 1950s (2), Crusades (2), German (2), Photography (2), Self-help (2), Entertaining (2), Batman (2), Correspondence (2), Canadian (2), Flavia (2), Biographical Novel (2), Wodehouse (2), Photos (2), Henry VIII (2), Henry II (2), Iris Murdoch (2), Boswell (2), Vermeer (2), Wells (2), Balzac (2), Hadrian (2), Plato (2), Sackville-West (2), Tea Parties (2), Thomas Jefferson (2), Van Gogh (2), Emperors (2), Harvard Classics (2), Anglo-Saxon (2), Long Island (2), Penman (2), Jacobean (2), Queen Victoria (2), Benson (2), Illustrations (2), Literary (2), Boleyn (2), Painters (2), Eliot (2), Kafka (2), Milton (2), IBS (2), Psychology (2), Mental Illness (2), English Literature (2), Paintings (2), Hanff (2), Dickinson (2), Emerson (2), Henry James (2), Greek Mythology (2), Weir (2), Organizing (1), Kings (1), 999. Read (1), Colourtocracy (1), Freddie Mercury (1), Murdoch (1), Princes (1), Ovid (1), Stevenson (1), Poirot (1), Ancient (1), Candy (1), English Language (1), Travel Essay (1), Horrid (1), Books about Books (1), Parents (1), Travel Memoir (1), Clergy (1), Ancient Literature (1), Amy Tan (1), Mozart (1), Wilde (1), Claudius (1), Nero (1), Caesars (1), Tudors (1), Herodotus (1), Marriages (1), Millay (1), Shaw (1), Forgery (1), Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1), Jeeves and Wooster (1), Prince Albert (1), Bollywood (1), 1st Century (1), British Empire (1), Peru (1), Glasgow (1), Radcliffe (1), Ancient History (1), Scottish (1), Non Fiction (1), Chicago (1), Q (1), Emperor (1), Alice in Wonderland (1), Belgium (1), Trojan War (1), Forster (1), Eleanor of Acquitaine (1), Leigh Hunt (1), War (1), Gardening (1), 18th Century (1), Military (1), Culture (1), Museum (1), Gift (1), Dogs (1), Society (1), Detective (1), Drugs (1), Government (1), Samuel Johnson (1), Satire (1), Hrithik Roshan (1), Cromwell (1), OED (1), Buck (1), Burns (1), Glam Rock (1), Hawthorne (1), Machiavelli (1), Persia (1), Barset (1), Raj (1), Chevalier (1), Autodidact (1), Tuscany (1)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs
- "Five and Dime" Category Challenge, 100 Books in 2009 Challenge, 100 Books in 2010, 100 Books in 2010 Challenge, 1000 Places to See Before You Die, 1001 Books to read before you die, 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up, 1010 Category Challenge, 15th Century Europe, 18th Century British Literature, 18th-19th Century Britain, 2016 ROOT Challenge - (Read Our Own Tomes), 2018 ROOT (READ OUR OWN TOMES), 2019 ROOT (READ OUR OWN TOMES), 30-something LibraryThingers, 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books in 2011, 888 Challenge, 999 Challenge, A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, A Quieter LibraryThing, Agatha Christie, Album Listener's Club, Algonquin Readers Round Table, All the World's a Stage, Amateur Historians, Ancient and Medieval Manuscripts, Ancient History, Anglophiles, Animal Lovers, Anime Group, Antiquarian Travel Memoirs, ARC Junkies, Archivists on LibraryThing, Art & Books, Art is Life, Artemis Fowl, Asian Fiction & Non-Fiction, Association of Tea Bloggers, Australian LibraryThingers, Author Chat, Awful Lit., Baker Street and Beyond, Banned Books, Barnes & Noble Nook, Batman villians, BBC Radio 3 Listeners, Best Anthologies, Best of British, Bestsellers over the Years, Bibliomysteries, Biographies of eccentrics and outsiders, Biographies, Memoirs and Autobiographies, Blog the Book, Bloggers, Bloomsbury Group and their friends, Blur(b), Bohemia, Book Addicts Anonymous, Book Care and Repair, Book Fiend, Book Listers UNITE!, Book Lovers Who Love Fountain Pens, Book Lust, Book Nudgers, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Bookmarks, BookMooching, Books in 2025: The Future of the Book World, Books in Books, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Books on Books, Books that made me think, Booksniffers, Booze!, Bostonians, British & Irish Children's Fiction, Brits, BritWit, Brooklynites, Bug Collectors, Build the Open Shelves Classification, Calvin and Hobbes, Can you recommend....., Cats, books, life is good., Chadou, the Way of Tea (Japanese tea ceremony), Cheese!, Chick Lit, Children's Fiction, Children's Literature, Chocolate!, Classical Music, Club Read 2009, Club Read 2010, Club Read 2011, Club Read 2012, Club Read 2018, Combiners!, Comics, Commodity Histories & Micro-Histories, Cookbookers, Cozy Mysteries, Depression and Anxiety: Books That Help, Dewey Decimal Challenge, Dictionaries & other reference books, Disney Movie Lovers, Doctor Who, E. F. Benson, Early Reviewers, Editors, Researchers, Whatever, Edward Gorey, Egyptian Fiction Galore, Elizabethan England, English History - Tudor through Edwardian, English majors!, Esoterica, Europe, Facebook Users, Fairy Tale Readers, Fairy Tales Retold, Famous voluminous novels, FanFiction Fans, Fantasy Forum, FantasyFans, Favorite Bookstores, Fforde Ffans, Fiber Arts, Flaggers!, For the Love of Wilde!, Forward Motion Writers and Readers, Freebies, Book Giveaways, and Contests, Friends of Lulu, Friends of Mary Ann Evans, Geeks who love the Classics, Girlybooks, glasgow, Go Review That Book!, Google Wavers, Goths Unite, Group Read of Picture of Dorian Gray - 2010 1010Challenge, Group Reads - Literature, Hardback fans, Helene Hanff, Help! I'm in love with a fictional character!, Historical Fiction, Historical Mysteries, History at 30,000 feet: The Big Picture, History Readers: Clio's (Pleasure?) Palace, History: On learning from and writing history, Hobnob with Authors, Homer, the Trojan war, and pre-classical Greece, How has LibraryThing affected your reading?, Humor, I love Italy, I Love Jane Austen, I prefer men to cauliflowers, I Survived the Great Vowel Shift, Indian History, INFP, Inklings, Irish Chick Lit, It's a LondonThing, Japanese Culture, Kindred Spirits, Language, Lashings of Ginger Beer!, LC Classification Challenge, Le Salon des Amateurs de la Langue, Le Salon Littéraire du Peuple pour le Peuple, Legacy Libraries, Letters & diaries, Librarians who LibraryThing, Library History, LibraryThing Coffeehouse, LibraryThing Community Outreach, Librarything Railroad (The LTR), Librarything Series, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, LibraryThings We Said Today, List Five Books Parlour Game, Literary Cuisine, Literary Snobs, Loitering with Intent, London in Fiction, Lost Generation, Lost In A Good Book, LT's list of great books you should read, Maps and Atlases, Medieval Europe, Middle Eastern Literature, Modern Library Collectors, Monthly Author Reads, More Power to the Date Fields!, Most Disturbing Books, Museum!, Museums of the World!, Music to read by, Myers-Briggs: All Types, Name that Book, National Book Festival, National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo), New York Review Books, New Yorkers City, Non-Fiction Readers, North Words, NPR Listeners, Opera, or Nobody Knows the Traubel I've Seen, Outdoor Readers, Oxford English Dictionary - OED, Pedants' corner, Penguin Classics, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Persephone Readers, Phantoms of the Opera, Philosophy and Theory, Poetry Fool, poetry in translation, Preserving Literature, Project 1929, Project Gutenberg Readers, Prolific Plaidy, Proust, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Read the 100 best novels of the 20th Century, Read YA Lit, ReadaThing, Readers Against Struggling Through Books We Hate, Readers Who Write, READING & "OLD TIMEY" CORRESPONDENCE, Reading Globally, Reading Great Books, Reading Through Time, Reformation Historians, ReJoyce, Reprint Please!, Review Discussions, Rock 'n' Roll, Records and Record Collections, ROOT - 2013 Read Our Own Tomes, Science Fiction Fans, Scottish LibraryThingers, Scrapbooking and Card Making, Secondhand/Used Bookshop/store Addicts, Series junkies, Social history, Someone explain it to me..., Starting Your Own Personal Library, Steampunk, Sweet Treats!, TBR Challenge, Tea!, THE ANYTHING CULINARY BOOK GROUP, The Beatles, The Bohemians, The Brontës, The City and the Book, The Coffee Trader: Early Winter 2009 Reading Group, The Diogenes Club, The Drones Club (all things P.G. Wodehouse), The Fake Language Book Jam, The Globe: Shakespeare, his Contemporaries, and Context, The Green Dragon, The Highly-Rated Book Group, The Literati, The Mysteries of Udolpho - 2008 Reading Group, The Prizes, The Scepter'd Isle, medieval history of England, 500 to 1500 AD, The Turk's Head, The Weird Tradition, Time Travel, Alternate Histories and Parallel Worlds, Too Obscure, Top 100 Novels of All time, Train Readers, Travel and Exploration literature, Treehuggers, Trollope lovers unite or fight, Underappreciated Books and Authors, Undiscovered Gems, Unread Support Group, Used Books, Vegetarians and vegans, Victoriana, Virago Modern Classics, Weird Fiction, What Are You Reading Now?, What did YOU buy today?, What If ..., What the Dickens...?, What's in your suitcase, bricks?, Where LibraryThing leads..., Women of Mystery, Writer's Brag and Rag Bag, Writer-readers, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery, Zinesters who LibraryThing
- Inscrit depuis
- Jun 27, 2006
- Nom réel
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- I tend to haunt the public libraries often enough, so I don't think this list quite reflects the amount of books I've read in my lifetime. However, there's enough of "me" in it, as can be seen from the truckloads of history, tea and poetry books I have in my personal collection. It may also show I'm a raving Anglophile. I am a somewhat curious person and like to learn about a variety of things, so I try not to limit my collection to only a few genres - but I do have my priorities!
I hate reading bad books, but the definition of "bad" varies from person to person. I may turn my nose up at a title because it looks like a complete waste of time, but someone else might be thinking the same thing about the book in my hand. I suppose I'm an empathetic snob.
Since I don't have a garden (unless you count the plants struggling for life in my apartment), I enjoy watching my library grow. Making room for new acquisitions is a labor of love.
In reviewing, I rarely go below 3 stars, because if I can't say something nice I'll either keep silent or get rid of the book from my library. The criteria is usually based on whether I enjoyed reading it, which is I think a good enough reason as any.
- A propos de moi
- Lieu (géographique)
- Page d'accueil
- Aussi sur
- En cours de lecture
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed par Lori Gottlieb
- Auteurs favoris
- Jane Austen, Maeve Binchy, Charlotte Brontë, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Burns, Agatha Christie, Thomas B. Costain, Arthur Conan Doyle, George Eliot, Jasper Fforde, Antonia Fraser, Elizabeth Gaskell, Peter Gethers, Helene Hanff, Joanne Harris, James Herriot, Susan Higginbotham, N.F. Houck, James Joyce, Sophie Kinsella, Frank McCourt, Nancy Milford, Edna St. Vincent Millay, A. A. Milne, L. M. Montgomery, Michelle Moran, Sharon Kay Penman, Samuel Pepys, Jane Pettigrew, Jean Plaidy, Sylvia Plath, James Norwood Pratt, Barbara Pym, Edward Rutherfurd, William Shakespeare, Alexander McCall Smith, Muriel Spark, Flora Thompson, Claire Tomalin, Susan Vreeland, Alison Weir, Oscar Wilde, P. G. Wodehouse, William Butler Yeats
- Favoris locaux
Librairies: Any Amount of Books, Argosy Books, Asahiya Bookstore New York, Astoria Bookshop, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Citigroup Center, Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Fifth Ave, Bauman Rare Books, Bluestockings, BookOff New York (49 W 45th), Books Kinokuniya - New York, Books of Wonder (Downtown), Curious George Goes to Wordsworth, East Village Books & Records, Foyles (old Charing Cross branch), Heights Books, Housing Works Used Book Cafe, Jim Hanley's Universe - Manhattan, Midtown Comics Grand Central, Morningside Bookshop, Murder One, Partners & Crime, Portobello Books, Posman Books @ GCT, Rizzoli Bookstore, Strand Bookstore, The Dover Bookshop - London, Waterstones London (Piccadilly)
Bibliothèques: New York Public Library - Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Connexions des membres
- Bibliothèque intéressante
- 2wonderY, ACDoyleLibrary, alexa_d, Allama, AllieW, AngelaB86, AnnaClaire, antimuzak, artgirl74, AustenBlog, BeyondEdenRock, bookbesotted, BookJumper, BooksCatsEtc, bostonbibliophile, boswellbaxter, Bowerbirds-Library, Brianna_H, Cariola, carlym, Caroline_McElwee, Carriebim, Chamomile, CharlesLamb, cocoafiend, cornerhouse, DavidBronkhorst, digifish_books, dihiba, Doulton, EelKat, erelsi183, ErnestHemingway, fannyprice, Fluffyblue, foggidawn, Ganeshaka, Glassglue, gwendolyndawson, Helene_Hanff_orders, inkdrinker, Jakeofalltrades, JamesBoswell, joehutcheon, JPB, justjim, katylit, klarusu, ladycato, LadyLo, ladymacbeth1, Leseratte2, lstover, Marensr, Medellia, MinaKelly, MissBrooke, MissWoodhouse, mrgrooism, ms.hjelliot, mtakeda, mthespinner, MyopicBookworm, paghababian, pamelad, parelle, riverwillow, ryan_wart, sabrinanymph, SamuelJohnsonLibrary, sanddancer, sarahemmm, seasea, siriaeve, SqueakyChu, staffordcastle, stringcat3, StringerTowers, SugarCake, suzecate, teaguru, thauger, ThomasJefferson, tiegster, tiffin, uffish, universehall, varielle, vivienbrenda, Whisper1, WilliamButlerYeats, wosret