- Toutes les collections (410), Votre bibliothèque (239), Through the Magic Door (172)
- Sammelband 6 (9), Sammelband 1 (7), Sammelband 5 (2), Sammelband 3 (2), Sammelband 2 (2), Sammelband 4 (2)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- Inscrit depuis
- Dec 28, 2009
- Nom réel
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- "I care not how humble your bookshelf may be, nor how lowly the room which it adorns. Close the door of that room behind you, shut off with it all the cares of the outer world, plunge back into the soothing company of the great dead, and then you are through the magic portal into that fair land whither worry and vexation can follow you no more.
You have left all that is vulgar and all that is sordid behind you. There stand your noble, silent comrades, waiting in their ranks. Pass your eye down their files. Choose your man. And then you have but to hold up your hand to him and away you go together into dreamland.
Surely there would be something eerie about a line of books were it not that familiarity has deadened our sense of it.
Each is a mummified soul embalmed in cere-cloth and natron
of leather and printer's ink. Each cover of a true book enfolds the concentrated essence of a man. The personalities of the writers have faded into the thinnest shadows, as their bodies into impalpable dust, yet here
are their very spirits at your command."
-Through The Magic Door, 1907.
- A propos de moi
- Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle, DL (22 May 1859 – 7 July 1930) was a British physician and writer, most noted for his stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes, which are generally considered a major innovation in the field of crime fiction, and for the adventures of Professor Challenger. He was a prolific writer whose other works include science fiction stories, historical novels, plays and romances, poetry, and non-fiction.
- via Wikipedia
ACDoyleLibrary a ajouté et critiqué:
England's topographer, or A new and complete history of the county of Kent; from the earliest records to the present time, including every modern improvement. Embellished with a series of views from original drawings by Geo. Shepherd, H. Gastineau, &c. with historical, topographical, critical, & biographical delineations par W. H. Ireland
Connexions des membres
- Bibliothèque intéressante
Ce site utilise des cookies pour fournir nos services, optimiser les performances, pour les analyses, et (si vous n'êtes pas connecté) pour les publicités. En utilisant Librarything, vous reconnaissez avoir lu et compris nos conditions générales d'utilisation et de services. Votre utilisation du site et de ses services vaut acceptation de ces conditions et termes.