- Toutes les collections (2,600), dnf (6), graphic (1), deaccessioned (52), privately borrowed (2), tech and business (24), ebook (639), Reference (31), À lire (910), En cours de lecture (8), Fiction (966), Mysteries (836), non-fiction (575), Lus mais non possédés (586), Poetry (89), drama (11), firsts and limited (62), Votre bibliothèque (2), Audio (34), Short Stories (116)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- 2018 Category Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Club Read 2011, Club Read 2017, Iris Murdoch readers, Magazines!!!!! New Yorker, Science, Atlantic, Mad......, Reading Globally, Short Stories
- Inscrit depuis
- Jul 15, 2009
- Nom réel
- A propos de ma bibliothèque
- I have LOTS of books at home, too many just gathering dust, so I've been trying to read them (again or or the first time) and give away as many as I can bear to part with. Many books are registered on Bookcrossing. but not nearly as many as I actually have. I will start to list them here as well. Books placed in my collections here will not necessarily be in my possession even when I list them - many have been deaccessioned already, and some were borrowed from the actual library. I'm more interested in keeping track of my reading than my shelves.
edited to add on 01/28/2010: As I add the books from my shelves to my library here, the recommendations keep coming in. HELP! Such wonderful books, so little time.
edited to add, on 02/06/10: A note about the ever-lengthening 'to read' list. I've just gotten to the shelf of literary criticism that has sat virtually untouched for - well, at least three decades on the end I started with. I used to fancy myself an intellectual (after all, a degree in English and all that) and collected books I thought I really should read. Now some of them are yellowed, or dusty, or ominously academic-looking. I may not get to them ever. What I'm hoping is that after I face the sheer number of books crowding my apartment, I will find rules to use to divest myself of at least a quarter of them, maybe more. And then my number of books will decrease, but my number of appreciated books will rise. I hope.
update 01/11/12 I've updated my library divisions to use the 'read but unowned' category. It's a little awkward, since it includes books I've borrowed as well as books I've given away. I've also created an ebook category. This saves me from un-ease when I wonder if I have a book to lend or give to someone, because I can instantly check the category instead of the shelves.
added 01/21/2015 Well, it looks like I never did set up my ebook category. Hm. I do mark my books as ebooks of course, in the description.
My sister recently stated that she had 7 books on her kindle that she hadn't read yet. I couldn't stop laughing.
- A propos de moi
- Former English major (but it's like being Jewish, you never recover), for many years now a systems analyst, a sometime actor, a once-was musician. I read both fiction and non-fiction, some science and the kind of travel book that 'Blue Highways' represents, and my bookshelves are groaning with books I read years ago, books I mean to read, books I mean to reread. I LOVE talking about them. My profession doesn't generally put me in touch with a lot of readers - systems analysts and programmers are a very mixed bunch, but more and more of the group are very young, with business degrees, unlike us oldies who had to make a living after Liberal Arts. I spend a lot of time and money at the theater (why else live in NYC?), not much on travel (although my sig. other makes a valiant effort to get me out of the state). With work, the New York Times, my 6 years of back-issue New Yorkers, and other routines of daily life, I don't have as much time to read as I would like, but I hope to be inspired by all the readers I meet here.
I seem to have neglected to announce my retirement here. It's been several years now. I thought I would read more.
- Lieu (géographique)
- New york city
- Aussi sur
- En cours de lecture
- Favoris locaux
Librairies: Book Culture
Bibliothèques: New York Public Library - Jefferson Market Branch
Connexions des membres
- Bibliothèque intéressante
Ce site utilise des cookies pour fournir nos services, optimiser les performances, pour les analyses, et (si vous n'êtes pas connecté) pour les publicités. En utilisant Librarything, vous reconnaissez avoir lu et compris nos conditions générales d'utilisation et de services. Votre utilisation du site et de ses services vaut acceptation de ces conditions et termes.