- Votre bibliothèque (133)
- Abebooks' Hottest New Canadian Book (10), John Donne (8), 2009 (6), Canada Reads (6), poetry (5), Mary Novik (5), Ann More (5), history (5), English poetry (4), 17th century (4), Canadian novel (4), poems (3), Izaak Walton (3), historical fiction (3), English literature (3), love poems (3), love poetry (3), Historical fiction (2), literary fiction (2), Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize (2), SPiN writing group (2), literary historical fiction (2), Samuel Pepys (2), Canadian fiction (2), Avignon (2), Scotiabank Giller (2), fiction (2), BC Book Prizes (2), Pope Clement VI (2), novel (2), historical novel (2), debut novel (2), contemporary fiction (2), Historical novel (2), 14th century (2), church of England (1), Amazon First Novel Award (1), Anakana Schofield (1), The Midwife of Venice (1), 17th-century England (1), anglican church (1), Muse (1), ww I (1), Canadian novels (1), Pegge Donne (1), June Hutton (1), Roberta Rich (1), palais des papes (1), Annabel Lyon (1), Complete Angler (1), Richard Coeur de Lion (1), L'amante del papa (1), Death's Duel (1), Malarky (1), Jen Sookfong Lee (1), popes palace (1), Canzoniere (1), The Harem Midwife (1), sermons (1), Petrarch (1), devotions (1), biography (1), diaries (1), diary (1), fishing (1), military history (1), debut novels (1), Elizabethan (1), underground (1), poets (1), Alexander (1), anglican (1), Istanbul (1), Constantinople (1), spanish civil war (1), Vancouver (1), Aristotle (1), English countryside (1), Canadian (1), Babylonian Captivity (1), Francesco Petrarch (1), Christopher Wren (1), Laura (1), Solange (1), England (1), Golden Mean (1), poet (1), popes (1), Queen Elizabeth (1), Justin Cartwright (1), medieval history (1), the Tudors (1), Lion Heart (1)
- Nuage des mots-clés, Nuage des auteurs, Miroir des mots-clés
- 1001 Books to read before you die, 18th Century British Literature, Anglophiles, Best of British, Bloggers, Books Compared, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Canadian Bookworms, CBC's Canada Reads Fans, Club Read 2010, Elizabethan England, Freebies, Book Giveaways, and Contests, Historical Fiction, Literary Snobs, Medieval Europe, Reading Globally, The Green Dragon, The Prizes, Virago Modern Classics, What Are You Reading Now?, Writer-readers
- Inscrit depuis
- Oct 17, 2008
- Nom réel
- Mary Novik
- A propos de moi
- My second novel, Muse (http://www.librarything.com/work/13599700), was published by Doubleday Canada in 2013. Emanuele Sana won a best director award for his snazzy YouTube trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdmSJmraBic) for the Italian translation, L'amante del papa. Muse will also be published in a French translation.
Set in 14th-century Avignon, Muse is the first person story of Solange Le Blanc, who became entangled in a love triangle with Petrarch and Laura, and later caught the eye of Pope Clement VI. This period was called the Babylonian Captivity, because the popes lived in Avignon instead of in Rome.
My first novel, Conceit (http://www.librarything.com/work/3398865), was published by Doubleday Canada in 2007 and is available in the US at amazon.com, ISBN-13: 978-0385662062 Conceit is about the daughter of the English poet, John Donne. I was inspired to write Conceit when I visited St. Paul's Cathedral in London and discovered that John Donne's effigy was the only one that survived the Great Fire of 1666. Thanks to the many Library Thing members who have given Conceit enthusiastic reviews here: http://www.librarything.com/work/3398865/reviews/37520818 As well as being nominated for the Giller prize and winning the Ethel Wilson prize, Conceit was named a Book of the Year by The Globe and Mail and Quill & Quire, and Canada Reads named it one of The Top 40 Essential Canadian Novels of the Decade.
There are book club guides, a blog and a lot more info on both novels at my website, http://www.marynovik.com. Also backstories for Muse and Conceit, highlights from reviews, links to articles and interviews, and a biography. If you get a chance to read Muse or Conceit, I'd love to hear what you think of them. You can post your thoughts on Librarything, or get in touch with me via the Contact page on my website, http://www.marynovik.com/mary I am also active at Facebook and Goodreads as Mary Novik, and on Twitter as MaryNovik2, if you feel like chatting there.
- Lieu (géographique)
- Page d'accueil
- Aussi sur
- Auteurs favoris
- Gail Anderson-Dargatz, Margaret Atwood, Alan Bradley, Heather Burt, David Chariandy, John Donne, Steven Galloway, Béa Gonzalez, Sandra Gulland, Anosh Irani, June Hutton, Kate Taylor, Shaena Lambert, Jen Sookfong Lee, Annabel Lyon, Ann-Marie MacDonald, Ami McKay, Ameen Merchant, Anne Michaels, John Miedema, Claire Mulligan, Mary Novik, Naomi Novik, Michael Ondaatje, Samuel Pepys, Roberta Rich, Roberta Rich, Eden Robinson, Arundhati Roy, Anthony De Sa, Oliver Sacks, Anakana Schofield, Eva Stachniak, Kate Taylor, Izaak Walton, Thomas Wharton, Robert J. Wiersema, Alissa York
Connexions des membres
- alexandrayarrow, AlexTheHunn, angelrose, angevin2, antimuzak, ariadne02, bcquinnsmom, betterthanchocolate, bhowell, bluetyson, bobmcconnaughey, Budzul, burnit99, Cait86, Cariola, cass181, Cecilturtle, CelesteM, citygirl, clamato, cocoafiend, deebee1, DonaldJamesParker, dvdbokbulimiker, Ebba, elisa.rolle, erilarlo, Essa, fiverivers, fuzzy_patters, GlendaHam, greggchadwick, gwyneira, HannahHolborn, harryhaller3, hlskye, ireadtoomuch, jmiedema, jpsnow, karan, Kasthu, keylawk, kidzdoc, kiwidoc, kiwiflowa, kjhill45, library_kate, littlebones, LizzieD, loosha, LynnB, macphear, margad, mdz222, MeditationesMartini, MerryMary, mkunruh, monnibo, moquinn2, Ms_Inkslinger, Nafiza, nicchic, Nickelini, NickelList, nwhyte, pantufla, plmcbride, posthumose, reeny, ripleyy, Rvn6dlr, saibaby79, SandraGulland, savageknight, scatteredmarbles, schmadeke, Schmerguls, Scrabblenut, skent, solla, StaffPicks, starfishian, StevenTill, t1bclasslibrary, TadAD, TheIdleWoman, theoldman, Tigerpaw70, timjones, torontoc, UWC_PYP, victoria_beach, warwulff, Whisper1
- Bibliothèque intéressante
Ce site utilise des cookies pour fournir nos services, optimiser les performances, pour les analyses, et (si vous n'êtes pas connecté) pour les publicités. En utilisant Librarything, vous reconnaissez avoir lu et compris nos conditions générales d'utilisation et de services. Votre utilisation du site et de ses services vaut acceptation de ces conditions et termes.